Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dominican Republic Feb 2009

Just returned from a wonderful 8 day stay in the Dominican Republic where Julie was a bridesmaid and I was a guest at Jessi's wedding. Jessi was Julie's roommate at Grand Canyon University and I became Jessi's #2 Mom. I was totally treated like one of the family. We shared a house with Jessi's Mom and Dad and Grandma & Grandpa and got to participate in the wedding preparations. We visited the school where Jessi is a nurse and got to have the food that the children had. I have to say that when I saw what the kids were eating, I thought "boy I am glad we are not eating here!" But low and behold, we got to have lunch there too and I have to admit, it was pretty good. I will post some pictures to help describe the beauty of that country and also the beautiful bride and wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment